Hospital 40 miles south of Boston is seeking full-time Nurse Practitioner Psychiatry to join its provider team. Busy patient-focused practice provides comprehensive behavioral health services to patients from throughout the South Shore and Cape Cod.
The Nurse Practitioner shall provide the following clinical services:
- Assess physical and psychosocial status of patients by means of interview and by obtaining health and medical history of patient
- Perform a physical and neurological examination of each patient or assure that a recent physical examination of each patient has been performed prior to the provision of additional services;
- Care for patients suffering from acute and chronic diseases by managing therapeutic regimens;
- Evaluate patients based on the patient’s physical health, psychological, social, economic, educational, functional or developmental status as appropriate to the patient’s treatment;
- Provide a comprehensive history of past pharmacological interventions and current drug therapy for patients under his/her care;
- Communicate with the referring physician to assure continuity of care; and
- Arrange for any necessary testing, physical examination and/or consultation as may be required.
- Participate in review of referrals to hospital to triage for acceptance by psychiatrist.
- Participate in multidisciplinary treatment planning.
- Perform other duties as reasonably assigned.
- Work up ED patients who are being referred to hospital for admission
- Evaluate ED patients under supervision of psychiatrist
Additionally, based on operational needs, the Nurse Practitioner may provide the following services to patients at Skilled Nursing Facilities, Assisted Living Facilities or at home:
Evaluate adult inpatients;
Recommend and prescribe medications as needed;
Provide or arrange for follow-up as needed;
Communicate with the ordering physician or primary care physician as required and as necessary for patient care;
Make suggestions for any necessary testing, physical examination, or other modes of treatment as may be required; and
Document all services provided prior to end of scheduled shift.
- Masters in Nursing from an accredited program
- Currently licensed in Massachusetts as a APRN (without restriction)
- Experience with short term, solution focused, medication therapies
- Experience working with interdisciplinary teams
- Experience using an electronic health record
- Must be eligible for credentialing and contracting with all insurers, including MBHP
If interested, please email CV to:
Jordan Search Consultants
Cell Phone: 573-915-9495
Corporate Office: 636-542-8310