SIU Medicine in Springfield, Illinois is seeking an Assistant/Associate Professor of Clinical Pediatrics. This is an exciting time to be a part of this distinguished and growing program. The position offers a dual appointment in Pediatrics and Neurology and candidates with specialty interests in headache, epilepsy, neuromuscular disorders, acute care neurology and developmental disorders are welcome. The Pediatric and Neurology programs at SIU Medicine deliver state of the art full service pediatric and neurological care and perform the entire spectrum of procedures.
As a member of the Departments of Pediatrics and Neurology at SIU Medicine, the incumbent will represent each Department in a manner to enhance its patient care, educational, and research mission. This position reports to the Chair of Pediatrics.
SIU School of Medicine has received national recognition for innovation in medical education and offers a welcoming environment for dedicated clinicians who love to teach. SIU is affiliated with Children’s Hospital, which is a tertiary referral center for central and southern Illinois with a trauma-certified PICU and 40-bed level III NICU. In addition, there will be participation in inpatient care at local hospitals and outpatient activities of child neurology including area clinics.
Highlights of the position include:
- Developing a 100% pediatric neurology practice. Clinical service is 80% and 20% is teaching/research/quality initiatives.
- Working closely with highly respected, fellowship-trained pediatric subspecialists.
- Collaborating with faculty nationally recognized for innovative medical education, cutting-edge research and quality healthcare.
- Teaching, mentoring, and providing training for medical students and residents.
- A highly competitive salary, excellent benefits package and University funded malpractice plan.
- Great work/life balance in Springfield, IL, a “Top Places to Live” community.
- Family oriented neighborhoods, excellent schools, affordable housing and abundance of cultural and recreational activities.
- Easy access to metropolitan amenities in Chicago, Indianapolis and St. Louis.
Qualifications: Must have a MD or DO degree and be board eligible/board certified in Pediatric Neurology. Licensed or eligible for licensure to practice medicine in the state of Illinois. J-1 and H-1B visa sponsorship available.
For full consideration: A letter of interest and curriculum vitae should be directed to the executive search firm:
Jordan Search Consultants c/o Matt Jordan by email, email@example.com; by phone, 314.299.7222; or by mail to Jordan Search Consultants, 113 Church Street, O’Fallon, MO 63366.
Southern Illinois University School of Medicine is an EEO/AA/M/F/Vets/Disabled employer